Considering microneedling for the first time? Or had it before, but need to refresh your memory? Find out all about treatment, from how it works to benefits to results, so you can make a confident choice about your skin. With treatments held at our Harley Street aesthetic clinic – part of London’s famous medical district – you couldn’t be in better hands.
What is microneedling?
Microneedling uses a handheld pen, equipped with small needles that work by piercing the skin to help the skin’s natural healing process, boosting collagen production and encouraging skin renewal. Microneedling can help with concerns like skin texture, whether scarring, stretch marks or sun damage.
How does the treatment work?
A state-of-the-art medical device uses tiny needles to gently prick the skin (hence microneedling). This encourages the skin to repair itself, helping it remodel from the inside out.
What are the treatment benefits?
There are lots of benefits to microneedling and how it can help you and your skin:
1. Youthful-looking skin: combat signs of ageing, such as sun sports, fine lines and wrinkles
2. Brighter skin: bringing younger skin to the surface can help revive its ‘glow’ and banish dullness
3. Smoother skin: refine the skin’s appearance by targeting fine lines and wrinkles
What happens during treatment?
- We start with a consultation at our Harley Street aesthetics clinic. We’ll talk through your skin, and relevant treatments and get to know each other a little better.
- Next, we’ll book your treatment. This includes microneedling, complementary procedures, and even skincare. It’s all done to give you your very best results – and your very best skin.
- Finally comes aftercare. Learn how to take care of your skin, manage common side-effects (like redness or sensitivity) and even the best products and skincare to use on your face. All our advice is tailored to your unique skin and experience.
- Microneedling often requires a course of treatments – usually 3, 4-6 weeks apart. It’s all covered in the consultation. We can also advise on when you might need future treatment, too.
What else do I need to know?
- We’ll use numbing treatment to help keep you comfortable during the procedure.
- While treatment time may vary, 1 hour is usually all that’s needed for a microneedling appointment.
- Your skin may feel red, tight and sensitive after treatment, but this passes within a few days. Keep your skin protected from the sun while it heals.
- Results develop over a period of weeks, as the skin heals and repairs. Be patient – the rewards are worth it!