The importance of understanding skin type
Skin is a fabulously complex, ever-changing organ that protects us from the elements and helps control our body temperature. It reflects our age, health, diet and even our mood. Understanding your skin type is essential to caring for skin in the right way for optimum results.
At L’Atelier, we carry out an in-depth assessment to evaluate skin type for all our clients. This enables us to predict potential problems and take action to prevent them from happening, recommend the most appropriate skincare products and treat skin conditions quickly and effectively.
You can discover how skin typing could affect your skincare routine by visiting bespoke skincare.
L’Atelier expertise and excellence
- A team with years of experience in aesthetic treatments
- Committed to evidence-based technologies while leading the way for new, cutting-edge treatments
- State-of-the-art clinic
- Discreet location in the heart of London’s most renowned medical district
The different skin types
Many clients are uncertain of their skin type. This is perfectly understandable as skin type can be described in the most simple of terms (normal, dry, oily) to the very complex. At L’Atelier, we take a problem-solving approach to determining skin type using the following independent parameters:
- Is skin dry or oily?
- Is skin sensitive?
- Is skin prone to pigmentation?
- Are there signs of premature ageing?
We answer these questions comprehensively by using: