A bit about chemical peels
Skin peels are a popular aesthetic treatment that help rejuvenate the skin. They work by gently peeling away older, duller layers of skin to reveal the newer, fresher skin below while kickstarting the skin’s renewal process.
Looking after your skin
There are lots of ways you can care for your skin following a chemical peel:
- Stay hydrated – water is essential to your skin and body, and has been linked to skin healing, so ensure you drink plenty of it.
- Use sun protection – keep the sensitive skin on your face sun-safe with a sunscreen or, once skin has healed, an SPF-containing make-up. The sun can still affect your skin on a cloudy day, as it’s the sun’s UV-rays that are damaging. You might have to limit your time outside in the early days, or avoid the sun altogether.
- Avoid drinking and smoking – these two vices have been linked to slowing the healing process. We recommend quitting or at least cutting down on these.
- Follow a good skincare routine – help your results last longer with a simple, yet gentle skincare routine. Soothing moisturisers are ideal, and an alcohol-free cleanser is great for use later in the healing process.
- Don’t pick the skin – it’s tempting to try and remove flaky skin, but this can actually cause redness and even scarring.
- Skip the gym – salty sweat can cause stinging, so avoid intensive exercise in the days immediately following treatment.
Our effective skin peels
Everyone’s skin is different – so we offer a range of chemical peels, to help you get the best out of yours. Some of our skin peels are superficial, while others penetrate deeply to offer more intensive treatment. One of our favourites is The Perfect Peel, which is medium-level and uses key antioxidant, glutathione, to prevent lines and wrinkles while brightening the skin and improving the appearance of age spots.
Why book with us
Our bright, welcoming and prestigious skin clinic is based in the heart of Mayfield in the Harley Street district, renowned for being the top destination medicine, surgery and dentistry. We’ve built a reputation in the aesthetics sector for our effective and transformative treatments, leaving our clients looking and feeling fantastic. What’s more, our work is of the highest quality, and we always keep an eye on the latest advancements to ensure we stay a step ahead of the competition.
How to book
Whether you’d like to book in for a chemical peel or you’re interested in one of our other treatments here at our Harley Street skin clinic, please get in touch today. All it takes is a quick call or filling out a few blanks on our web form – find all the details on our contact page.